Sunday, July 23, 2006

La ruta Maya

Thanks to my brother, I've been able to make a number of trips over the years to visit and explore parts of Mexico and Central America.

Hunahpu, one of the hero twins of Maya mythology, from the mural at Las Pinturas, San Bartolo, Guatemala

K'uh Ik, a Maya wind deity, from the Acropolis on the Western Plaza, Copan, Honduras

El Arco de Santa Catarina and Volcan Agua, Antigua, Guatemala

Temple I, Tikal, Guatemala

Temple IV, Tikal, Guatemala

A caiman at the reptile preserve in Monterrico, Guatemala

Temple of the Inscriptions, Palenque, Mexico

1 comment:

Naughti Biscotti said...

My favorite of this collection is "El Arco de Santa Catarina". It is just beautiful and would make a wonderful painting (though I would probably choose to make it surreal).

Excellent photos Jim.